2. The Board of Civil Authority will meet on Thursday, March 1, 2012, at 7 p.m., at the Guild Hall, for its traditional pre-election meeting. Subjects to be discussed include a review of current challenges to the checklist and the logistics of the March 6 election.
3. Wednesday, February 29, 2012 is the last day to register to vote (deadline 5:00 p.m.) if you want to vote on March 6th and are not already registered. As required by law, the Town Office will be open from 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. on that day for the purpose of receiving applications.
4. If you are not eligible to vote by Wednesday, February 29, 2012, but will be on March 6, you must file a written notice of intent to apply to the voter checklist by 5:00 p.m. today.
5. Monday, March 5, 2012 at 5 p.m. is the deadline to request an absentee ballot for the March 6 election. The Town Clerk’s office will be open from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. for the purpose of receiving requests.
6. Absentee ballots must be returned to the Town Clerk by 7:00 p.m. (the close of polls) on March 6 in order to be counted.