Homestead residents of the Town of Guildhall, VT will be provided with 52 stickers to be used as their annual base level of service. Non-resident dwelling owners will be provided with an annual base level of 13 stickers. The stickers will be distributed through the Town Clerk’s office on a schedule to be determined by the Town of Guildhall, VT.
The base level of service covers one 32-gallon trash bag (independently purchased) and a reasonable amount of recyclables per week. In order for trash to be collected, at least one recycle bin containing acceptable recyclable material must accompany the trash bag(s) at curbside. Additional 32-gallon trash bags may be put out for collection if they carry a sticker. Once a household has exhausted their annual allotment of stickers, additional stickers may be purchased for a fee of $1.00 per sticker from the Town Clerk’s office and/or ERR.
Designated Recyclable materials are as follows:
- #1 plastic
- #2 plastic (both milk and laundry types)
- Steel or tin cans
- Aluminum cans
- Newspapers and magazines
- Corrugated cardboard/box board – cereal, cracker, etc. (broken down flat)
ERR cannot collect any of the following hazardous materials:
- Paint or paint cans
- Asphalt shingles or asbestos
- Wood, furniture, metal or construction debris
- Vehicle or industrial batteries
- Propane tanks or gasoline cans
- Any other material than may require Vehicle Placarding
Call ERR at 603-237-5755 for pick up of the following types of materials.
ERR can take the following materials: Free of charge - please call for pick up:
- Air conditioners
- Small propane tanks
- All electronics
- Computers without video monitors
- Scrap metal
- Stoves and appliances
- Empty paint cans
- Video monitors
- Household debris
- Mattress and Box Springs
- Plywood, Treated Lumber, Painted or Stained Wood
- Sofas and Chairs and Recliners
- Tubs/ Showers
- Unfinished wood
- Brush/ Leaves: $3.00 per 33 gallon trash bag
- Refrigerators: $18.00 fee for removal of Freon
- Shingles: $50.00 per square yard
Please donate any used clothing, shoes, linen and bedding to your local Yellow box.
Toilets: Remove seats and take out plumbing and put into your recycling bin.
ERR reserves the right to change the prices as needed.